Vegan pancakes, a delicious breakfast or dessert that is prepared in less than 20 minutes with 8 easy-to-get ingredients. They are very fluffy!
Vegan pancakes or pancakes are a delicious breakfast ideal for the days when we have more time and want something sweet, although you can also have them for dessert if you want. The good thing about making them at home is that they are healthier and we can customize them to our liking.
This recipe uses whole wheat flour, which is very cheap and easy to get. Also, if you want a gluten-free version, you can mix oatmeal with brown rice or buckwheat flour. There are many options.
The pancakes are very good, although they are better freshly made. You can make them the day before or prepare large quantities for several days. I like to reheat them in the pan because I don’t have a microwave, but you can use it if you want.
There are a thousand different toppings with which you can accompany your pancakes, but my favorites are banana and maple syrup. I like to always eat them with some fruit to give it a healthier touch and because they are also the perfect match. Take advantage!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PANCAKES
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (photo 1) .
- Add the liquid ingredients and stir until obtaining a homogeneous mass (photo 2) .
- Heat a drop of oil in a pan and spread it , take 1/4 cup (65 ml or 4 tablespoons) of the dough and let each pancake is cook about 2 minutes for each side ( Figure 3) .
- Them back to the pancake when edges are more gold using a spatula (photo 4) .
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings .
- Use another type of flour if you prefer, although I have not tried it.
- If you can’t eat gluten, you can use 1/2 cup of oatmeal (60 g) and 1/2 cup of buckwheat or brown rice flour (60 g). You can make your own mixes, but keep in mind that you may have to add more or less quantity.
- Oil is optional, although pancakes are better if you use it. If you don’t want to add oil, add one more tablespoon of milk if necessary.
Pancakes are a very versatile recipe that is traditionally eaten for breakfast. You can serve them with peanut butter , vegan butter , cocoa nibs or maple syrup. You can also add fresh fruit such as banana slices and even accompany them with vegetable milk .
CAN I FREEZE THESE VEGAN PANCAKES?
Yes, they can be frozen. Once cold, put them in the freezer in a closed container or cover them with aluminum foil. To defrost, heat them in the microwave or toaster for 1-2 minutes.
You can also leave them at room temperature for 1-2 hours. Once made, they will last in the freezer for a maximum of 2 months. I recommend that you do not freeze the dough before cooking because the pancakes would have a different texture.
HOW LONG CAN VEGAN PANCAKES HOLD UP?
It is important to keep the pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days so that they maintain their texture and properties.