Vegan chocolate chip cookies are extremely delicious. They are very cheap and easy to make, because they contain common ingredients that are easy to find in any supermarket. In addition, they are a classic and when they are baked the kitchen smells good.
On the other hand, this version is healthier because I have used whole wheat flour, and the cookies are very light but at the same time sweet and rich. Take them with a glass of your favorite vegetable milk or also offer them with coffee or tea at a snack.
These vegan cookies are crispy on the outside and squishy on the inside, sweet but not too much and the chocolate chips give them a delicious chocolate touch. They are very healthy, simple and are made with only 9 ingredients. You won’t want to stop eating them!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN COOKIES – STEP BY STEP
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF .
- Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl (photo 1) and stir until they are well integrated (photo 2) .
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the large bowl (photo 3) and stir again until they are well integrated (photo 4) .
- Add the sparks of chocolate (photo 5) and stir until mixed well have been. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes .
- To make the cookies , put one scoop of ice cream per cookie on a baking sheet with baking paper (photo 6) and crush them with your hands a little, to shape them . If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, you can use your hands.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until they start to brown on the sides.
- Let them cool on the tray outside the oven for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a rack or plate.
- You can use another type of flour, although you may have to add more or less quantity. If you want to make them gluten-free, I would add half of oatmeal and the other half of buckwheat or brown rice flour (add more or less if necessary).
- Baking soda could be substituted or you could even eliminate this ingredient, although they won’t be as fluffy.
- You can use another type of sugar, although I have not tried to make the cookies with a liquid sweetener. In this case, the rest of the ingredients would have to be adapted.
- Coconut oil works great for sweet recipes, but any mild-flavored oil is fine. You could also substitute some nut butter, although it may be necessary to add a little more milk, since the butters are denser.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for chopped chocolate, but keep in mind that it is likely to melt and the cookies will not look so pretty.
HOW LONG CAN THE VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH LAST?
oIf you want to prepare the dough ahead of time to get organized, the dough will hold in the fridge for about 4 days. Then you can bake the cookies normally.
CAN I FREEZE THESE VEGAN COOKIES?
Yes, once they are cold, you can put it in an airtight container and they will last up to 1 month in the freezer.
HOW TO TAKE THESE VEGAN COOKIES
Vegan cookies can be taken at any time of the day, such as breakfast, dessert, snack or snack.