A delicious recipe for crispy apple is not lacking in any American kitchen. Each family has their favorite Apple Crisp recipe , some using oatmeal or other whole grains, and others mixing white sugar with brown sugar. And since Apple Crisp is one of my favorite desserts, I have experimented with all recipes! But every time I return to my mother’s recipe : simple, fast, and delicious. The dessert is always perfectly crispy , very sweet but with the perfect touch of acidity thanks to green apples.
To better enjoy with this delicious apple crisp you should eat it warm with vanilla ice cream . And spend your money on good vanilla ice cream — the vanilla imitation tastes nothing like it and this dessert deserves the best!
Apple crisp (or apple crumble) is a super easy and delicious recipe. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it’s the perfect dessert for fall!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 large apples
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 3/4 cup (90 g) flour
- 80 g (1/3 cup) butter (at room temperature)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of water
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F)
- Peel the apples and cut them into medium pieces. About 10 pieces per apple is normal. (If they are too small pieces, they lose texture and become pureed … and they are too big, they are hard and dry.)
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet (20 × 20). Pour the water over the top evenly, followed by the cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl mix the flour and sugar. Add the butter and mash with a fork until I was more or less a paste but with a lot of crumbs too.
- Spread the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the apples are caramelising and are completely browned on top.
The crispy apple is that easy. In less than 1 hour you have a fantastic dessert! The Apple Crisp will never disappoint you … good for special occasions, sad days, or when you just need something sweet!