What is the Best Mahi Mahi Recipe?
Best Mahi Mahi Recipe. We invite you to cook with us this delicious dish that is easy and perfect to prepare during the soccer championship games.
Mahi Mahi RecipeCourse: Fish recipes, FoodCuisine: CaribbeanDifficulty: Easy
Whether you’re a pro fish cooker-eater or you’re trying to start incorporating more fish into your diet, this recipe is a perfect way to serve it up. We use the stovetop-to-oven method of cooking here, like we do with this trusty lemon garlic swordfish, which yields a nicely browned exterior yet tender, flaky center.
- For the Fish
4 frozen Mahi Mahi fish fillets
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of Latin seasoning with cumin, garlic and oregano
1 lemon cut into slices
8 cherry tomatoes
4 slices of Hass avocado
- For the Rice:
1 cup long grain rice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cups chicken broth or hot water
1 pinch of saffron
2 cloves of garlic
1 cube of chicken bouillon
1 package frozen petite peas (about 2 cups)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Before cooking, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Then cook the rice as the fish cooks very quickly.
- Heat the water or chicken broth in a soup pot, while it reaches the first boil, cut the garlic cut into slices and fry with olive oil.
- Add the rice, salt, and saffron.
- Add 1 ½ cups of hot water or broth, lower the heat and cover.
- Try not to stir the rice to avoid stirring.
- When the rice is almost ready add the frozen peas, turn off the heat and cover the pot.
- Take the Mahi Mahi fillets out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic they are packaged in.
- Rinse the fish under running water and use a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place the fish fillets in a bowl and season with olive oil and seasoning.
- Turn on the grill and grill the Mahi Mahi steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate.
ALTERNATIVE : BLACKENED MAHI MAHI
- The night before you cook this recipe, thaw the Mahi Mahi fish fillets in the refrigerator following the directions on the package. When buying frozen fish or shellfish the FDA recommends avoiding buying packages that have been opened or crushed, and checking for signs of frost or ice crystals that may have formed as this indicates the package is old or has been thawed and refrozen.
Mahi Mahi Fish, also known as Dorado or Lampuka. This fish is white meat, ideal for grilling.
Those picky kids who don’t like fish will love this Best Mahi Mahi Recipe because the flavor is mild and goes perfectly with almost any seasoning including sweet and savory flavors. And of course it goes perfectly with Latin flavors. There are many way to cook Mahi Mahi Fish like pan seared mahi mahi, baked mahi mahi and blackened mahi mahi. Today we want to share with you a recipe for Grilled Mahi Mahi with Yellow Rice. We invite you to cook with us this delicious dish that is easy and perfect to prepare during the soccer championship games.
Best Mahi Mahi Recipe
Is Mahi Mahi Healthy?
Mahi is a low-calorie fish with plenty of health benefits, and contains a high amount of protein, vitamins and minerals. Each serving is around 134 calories (depending on how it’s prepared), with most of the calories coming from protein.
Here are some of our helpful tips for cooking mahi mahi:
- Get either super fresh or quick-frozen, high quality mahi mahi… wild is best and will provide best flavor.
- Be sure your mahi portions are about 6-7oz each, with at least 1-inch thickness. If your portions are thin or too small, they’ll tend to overcook and the seasoning proportions will be off.
- Always pat dry excess moisture from the fish; this step is super important, as it affects how well your fish will brown. I use paper towels to fully pat away all extra moisture.
- Your cooking oil needs to be very hot [like, sizzling] before adding the fish. This allows for quick and even browning of exterior.
- Once fish is in pan, do not keep. moving it around. Let it sit and brown for 3 minutes. It helps to have a large splatter guard. I use mine often whenever pan-frying foods.
- Preheat oven ahead of time so that it’s nice and hot when you transfer the mahi mahi directly from stovetop to oven. After 5 minutes in the oven, it’s done.