A best light and crispy waffle recipe that you can easily prepare at home. The crispy waffle recipe, which has spread all over the world from Belgium and conquered the hearts of chocolate lovers with its delicious taste, will become one of your favorite chocolate desserts. You can easily make this special recipe at home, known for its wonderful combination of chocolate and fruits!
Also, you won’t need any extra equipment. You can make it with a pan or in a toaster. Now if you are ready, let’s move on to our crispy waffle recipe!
How to make the best light and crispy waffle recipe?
Best Light and Crispy Waffle RecipeCuisine: Belgium
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 glass of water Milk
Half a teaspoon of oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 packet of vanilla
1.5 cups of flour
1 packet of baking powder
- TO DECORATE :
Any amount of Banana, Strawberry, Kiwi
Spreadable Chocolate (Nutella, Sarelle)
- First, let’s take eggs, vanilla, salt and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, let’s add our liquid ingredients, oil and milk. Let’s whip it up for a while.
Sift the flour and baking powder and add it to the mixture. Keep whisking to get a smooth dough.
- You can optionally do this step in a toaster, waffle maker, or even a non-stick pan.
Let’s heat our non-stick pan and grease it with 1 drop of oil. (You can spread it all over with the help of a napkin.)
- Let’s pour 4-5 tablespoons of Waffle dough into the oiled pan and cook until it turns color.
- After the waffle is cooked, spread the chocolate on it.
- We recommend that you apply the chocolate while it is hot. Delicious waffle recipe is ready to serve! You can garnish with fruit as you wish and serve. Bon appetit
- Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 733mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g
We recommend that your waffle be warm while you are applying the chocolate. Melted chocolate will spread more easily on the surface
How Many Calories in Waffles?
- 1 serving (75 g) of waffles: 218 calories
- 1 large serving (100 g) of waffles: 283 calories
- 1 serving of chocolate waffles: 380 calories
How do you make Light and Crispy Waffle?
3 Tips for Making Crispy Waffles
- Make Sure Your Waffle Iron Is Hot
- A hot waffle iron makes a huge difference when it comes to crispy waffles, even more than brushing the iron with butter
- Swap Half the Buttermilk for Milk
- Bake the Finished Waffles in the Oven
How do you make crispy waffles in the oven?
If the waffles aren’t fully crisped when they come out of the waffle iron, put them in a 250F oven for 5 minutes, directly on the metal racks of the oven (not on a sheet pan). This will crisp the waffles even further and putting it on a rack will allow the steam to escape and prevent sogginess.
Can you use pancake mix in a waffle iron?
For each 1 cup of dry pancake mix, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Then, mix the batter up as directed in the recipe or on the box, adding in any additional wet ingredients. Add just enough waffle batter to cover the waffle iron and cook about 3 minutes or until done.
What Is The Difference Between a Regular Waffle and a Belgian Waffle?
Belgian waffles are thicker and often larger than regular waffles because they are made with a waffle iron that has deeper grids. These deep pockets are perfect for holding delicious pools of syrup!
Is pancake and waffle mix the same?
What’s the Difference Between the Batters? Both waffle and pancake recipes share some of the same basic ingredients, like eggs, milk and flour, but their batters are not the same. Waffles usually contain more fat and sometimes more sugar.
Should waffle batter be thin or thick?
If you like your waffles soft and thick, be sure to have a full, thick layer of batter. For thin, crisp waffles, use a thin layer of batter. Cooking after the steam ceases coming from the iron’s edges also makes the waffle crisper and darker, but there is the problem of it becoming dry as well.