Colombian beans with bacon, quite traditional in Colombia. It is a dish with a lot of flavor that is ideal to accompany other dishes such as the famous paisa tray. Colombians are love beans with any type of accompaniment, especially with a portion of white rice and green plantain slices.
- Enough water to cover the beans
- 2 Lbs of large red beans
- 3 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 1 Lb bacon, cooked (optional)
- Sachet of bean seasoning (optional)
- 1 Grated carrotone
- 1 Large peeled tomato diced
- 2 diced green bananas
- Salt and cumin to taste
- Before preparation, wash the beans and soak them (let them be covered in water) for about a day to soften them. Save the water because it is used again for cooking.
- The next day, put the beans in the pressure cooker with all the ingredients for almost 1 hour. * If you use a conventional pot, the ideal is to cook for about 3 hours over low heat.
- Remove from the pot and serve.