Applesauce is ideal for snack time or to accompany a dairy. You can keep it in the fridge for several days.
Peel the apple and cut it into pieces. Bring the apple to a boil with a little water and a few drops of lemon. In about 10 minutes, the apple will be ready for you to pass through the blender or mash with a fork. Serve it like this to the baby. For the older child, add a little sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- 4 red or green apples
- 1 vanilla bean or a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 large glass of water
- 1 tea bag of some fruit (apple, berries, etc)
- Tips: if you want you can follow this same recipe using other autumn fruits such as pear, figs or plums
- Add a glass of water to a medium saucepan to boil. When it reaches a boil, remove the water from the heat and add the chosen tea bag. Let the infusion rest for about 10 minutes.
- On the other hand, wash the apples well, remove the skin and the center, and cut them into wedges approximately 0.5 cm thick. Add the apple pieces to the tea infusion, along with the vanilla bean.
- Add a pot to medium heat for 15 minutes until it boils. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- When the mixture is cold, pass the apple pieces through the pastry.
- And our applesauce is already made. We suggest that you keep the compote in a glass jar in the fridge. Take advantage!